Sunday, July 27, 2008

What day is today???

Hello,

We've done so much since we blogged last that I have really lost all track of day and time. I think being beneath the equator definitely has something to do with it, but the action-packed, ministry-filled days are really flying by. I thought that as my body became adjusted, my mind would too...not so! I keep needing people to re-orient me! I'm going to try and list all of the things we have had the opportunity to do since we blogged a couple of days ago (in VERY random order):
-Served at the HPC Swazi Block Party/3 on 3 B-ball Tournament
(more than 500 people signed in, even more were there-awesome outreach!!)
-Spent time at the party with dozens of the kids we met at the local schools
-Prepped HPC after the party for today's service
-Ate some KFC...it's just as good here as it is in the U.S.
-Served in the Children's Church during adult service (right in our comfort zone, it was so smooth, 50 kids, God really blessed, the language barrier had not effect...we had a great time)
-Did some souvenir shopping
-Visited an orphanage, met some great "mothers" and children
-Had dinner at Ben and Susan Rodgers home
-Greg Evans got here from the U.S.!!!!
-Finally had some Chicken Curry that I'd heard so much about...it was great!
-Got to meet, learn from, and talk with several people who serve with HPC Swazi, Children's Cup, and Care Point Pastors.
-Most importantly, HPC had an o'mazin' service where several youth made a FRESH START!!!

We visit Care Points tomorrow, there are 16 in Mbabane alone! We'll divide up and go to a couple. We leave here Tuesday night and will return to Memphis late Wednesday night. We can't wait to see you all!

Love and Blessings!
Kassie, Mary, and Sherrie

3 comments:

Connie Firmin said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Looking forward to hearing all of the amazing stories! Miss and love all of you guys!

Doodah said...

This comment is for Paul Musso.
As I read the postings on this blog my heart soars! You guys are doing great work for the Lord and having fun at the same time-what a deal! I pray for Brittany to have these same kinds of experiences and are so grateful that you are in her life to be an example. Be safe and take care of yourself. love, doodah

Go Global Everyone said...

That was definitely some great reports. I'm so excited about all God has for ALL of us and you all being the hands and feet to touch lives. There is an attitude of gratitude for God's unending mercy and love. Thanks guys for the post and be safe.

Love,
Vasan and the girls