Friday, July 25, 2008

"Wow, where do I begin? I guess I could start with I'm in Africa! :] This is truly an amazing experience! It's so grand, man, and I love being here! The people are amazing, the climate is awesome, and God is doing incredible things over here! Just to start off, we've done basketball clinics the past two days at two schools, and we've basically been teaching the kids over here basketball skills because basketball is very recent sport to be added in Swaziland. They have been going wonderful! The kids have been responding well, and we've all, I believe the team as a whole has had many opportunities to show the love of Christ to these kids. It's amazing, because these kids over here just don't get some good ole' TLC on a daily basis, and it's amazing what one smile from you to them will do! They are so desparate for our attention when we get there, and they don't want us to leave! The things they say like "will you come back?" or "I'll miss you when you go" or "Can you pack me in your suitcase?" Man, things like that just tear me up, and I can hear it in their voices that they want to be loved and to have hope! And hope's name is Jesus! I'm seeing that more and more everyday that's it's not about backgrounds or groups of people or circumstances. It's about being the hands and feet of Jesus and showing the love and hope that's found in Christ to a broken and dying world! I love the fact that I've been allowed to come on this trip because God has been showing me so many things these last few days. Well, it's really late, but I'll try to post again tomorrow! Much love guys!

JamieJ

6 comments:

Connie Firmin said...

That is so cool Jamie! I cannot wait to hear all of the amazing stories I am sure all of you will bring back and to see all of the pictures! Miss & love all of you guys!

Amy said...

:-) um...wow that was so profound. I probably would not have been able to handle leaving them all behind. Give those precious kids my love and continue to let God use you. I love you lots.

Anonymous said...

It is good to get a report of what you are actually doing with the kids. Continue to let your the love of Christ shine. I have been praying for the Saturday outreach to be successful and the kids will want to come to church tomorrow. Yes, they need Jesus. Love, Mom.

Anonymous said...

WOW.
That's just AMAZING! :)
I'm Praying for all of you guys!

:) Victoria <3

Anonymous said...

OH I miss you soooooooooo much Jamie J :( but I'm glad you are having a good time. I'll see you when you get back. HUGS to you and the team.

-Claire (a.k.a. hugmonkey4 :D )

P.S. just a little bit of info, you were nominated for the afterschool scholarship intern program in saturate!!!!! Out of the 120 kids, one sixth of them got nominated (20) and you are one of them. :D You are awesome Jamie. I can't say that I'm surprised. lol even when you are in Africa you are still being awesome. Ttyl.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!! Continue to keep your eyes, ears and heart open.

Ol' Bill